orange you glad

Thursday, August 16, 2012

"we have Zion to build"


My heart is so full right now after just returning from Edu. Week. Lexi let my use her pass for tonight and I am so thankful she did.
the night started off with Ryan Sharp's class who is actually my Brother-in-laws cousin. He mostly talked about Trusting Jesus. and quoted Howard W. Hunter:
"OUR MOST DEADLY CONTEST IN LIFE IS NOT WITH HUMAN ENEMIES" 
that is so true, we are at war but it is not a physical war.

He them went on to say "just like a physical war. People will get hurt, people will be wounded. the word of God has the power to heal those people!"
tpart on the Armor of God is the Sword, which represents the WORD OF GOD.
" the word of God will land you on the right Hand of God!"
 Scriptures he mentioned
Alma 43
Ephesians 6:14-17
Alma 31:5
 in Alma 31:5 mentions that we should Try the virtue of the word of God. (we need to make reading the scriptures a habit)

We then went to Wally's Class
his topic was "repentance is the essence of growth" 2 Nephi 2:21

"When God heals a part of our souls, He  doesn't leave any empty holes...he finds a way to fill them."
he talked about how repentance is a sacred Gift from God that we shouldn't take lightly.

if we make ourselves humble-God will make us CLEAN!

THE NEXT CLASS ROCKED MY WORLD!!!!!

lesson by: SCOTT ANDERSON

these are the notes I Wrote down
Moroni 3:5
Ponder how Merciful God Has has been!
he told a story about this Lady that Quit her job so that she could spend time with her sons. In one of her journal entries she wrote " I just don't feel like I hug my boys enough.( she had all teenage boys)
and everyday after that she would begin her entries by writing Hugged them ALL. later she found out that she has cancer. Scott Anderson went on to say that he visited her in the hospital and that he was sad that this happened to a dear friend. She could tell he was down and went on to say "is everything okay you seem down", and he replied saying he was sad for her.  her response to his sorrow was: "do you know what happens when you loose your hair.....you also loose your eyebrows. with loosing your eyebrows every time you sweat it goes straight to your eyes.... Scott when was the last time we where thankful for your eyebrows"

he really took that to heart, everyday he found something new to be thankful for that he didn't think about. such as bending elbows and other. he was taught a great lesson of gratitude for her that day.

" NEVER BE THANKFUL ENOUGH"

He asked us
what are you doing here in 2012?
what personal experiences have you had to prepare you for this day?

we may not know exactly why we are here at this moment, we are here to serve and bless the lives of the people around us.

he pointed out to us when Jesus was on earth he would touch the sick BEFORE he would heal them.

if we promise now, he can give us gifts now trusting we will keep our promise.

at times we have to go through trials and then we will understand why.

he also told a story about a Returned Missionary that wasn't  getting much out of church and wanted to figure out why. 
one day on the way to church he asked himself "why would the savior go to church?
he realized that he was going with the wrong attitude. 

the Savior would go to church to GIVE.
we need to go to church with that same attitude. '

We have ZION TO BUILD!!!

we will never get back without our SAVIOR, we are a team with him. 

I know this church is true and I am so thankful that I had this opportunity, I was incredible.

I am sorry if none of that made sense, I strongly ENCOURAGE everyone to go to Education Week next year!
                           Love,
                                       ME

3 comments:

  1. Bri, your blog is great. I love it. I loved this post too, and the last one about the car. You are such a good example to me. You are so faithful and optimistic. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! thanks so much for sharing! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love you...and your blog!
    Maryn and I laughed out loud at your wonderful humor--loved the dear john--I always wanted to do that too! :)

    ReplyDelete